Friday, June 6, 2014

When the Tears Come

Things are better.
 
I don't cry as much as I used to.
 
Our house sits behind a school for special needs children.  When it is warm out (like today) I work from the dining room table with the screen door open.  Without fail every day around noon the kids come out to play.   I can see them and hear them from the table.
 
Today I could hear them on the swings and they were singing popular songs.  These were older kids... probably in fourth or fifth grade.
 
I began to cry.
 
 
My tears were brought on by not knowing if I will ever take another child of my own to a playground to push on the swings.
 
 
That is my reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read a comment. Please make sure your email is associated with your comment so I can reply back.